Item No: pdcc01206
Title: Cross Keys Hotel - Frankford
Print and Picture Collection
Halftone reproduction of a photograph of one of the colonial inns on King's Highway (now Frankford Avenue), Frankford. Located at the corner of Ruan Street on the avenue, the Cross Keys Hotel was built in 1751. During the colonial period it was the custome of mail coaches running between Philadelphia and New York to stop at the cross Keys, which became famous for its noted gatherings. During the revolution it was a prominent rendezvous for both Colonial and British officers.
A917.481 P536 v.11
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler