Item No: pdcc01158
Title: Harding's Hotel
Additional Title: Harding's Hotel, West Side Schuylkill, Wire Bridge.
Print and Picture Collection
Pen-and-ink drawing of a scene with a partial view of buildings surrounded by a stand of tall trees in full leaf. Empty vessels sit next to a well with a stone wall and water pump. An elegantly dressed man and woman ride horses in front of the building to which an unmounted horse is hitched. The adjacent building, with the two-storied balcony, is Harding's Hotel, named after its proprietor and local landowner Richard Harding. Built in 1820, it was originally called The Upper Ferry Tavern.
A917.481 P536 v.11
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler