Washington House, Chester, Pa.Historical Images of Philadelphia Castner Scrapbook Collection
Item No: pdcc01150
Title: Washington House, Chester, Pa.Media Type: Scrapbooks
Source: Print and Picture Collection
View showing the 400 block of Market Street, Chester, Pa. including the Washington House - the three story building with second floor balcony. Built in 1747, the establishment was known as "Pennsylvania Arms" until after General Washington stopped here following the Battle of Brandywine in 1777. Also shows the premises of Louis Bergdoll Brewing Co., The Oriental Tea Coffee and Spice Store, and Wm. E. Headley's Express Office.
Call Number: A917.481 P536 v.11
Creator Name: Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler