Item No: pdcc02719
Title: Castner Scrapbook v. 11, Hotels, Inns, page 94
Print and Picture Collection
Item pdcc01190, top right [image dimensions 9.0 cm x 14.0 cm]:
Printed postcard with photograph of the colonial inn, known variously as the Old Jolly Post Inn and The Jolly Post Boy Tavern. Built c. 1680, it was owned from 1698 by John Worrell. The hostelry was an important staging place on the Frankford Road for coaches travelling between New York and Philadelpia.
Item pdcc01191, top left [image dimensions 12.6 cm x 10.5 cm]:
Halftone reproduction of photograph showing an old building with wooden barrels lined up outside on the sidewalk. The building , located on Water Street, below Race Street, once house the Three Jolly Tars Inn during the colonial era.
Clipping from an unidentified newspaper.
Building demolished: YES
A917.481 P536 v.11
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler