Old Jolly Post Hotel, Frankford.Historical Images of Philadelphia Castner Scrapbook Collection
Item No: pdcc01190
Title: Old Jolly Post Hotel, Frankford.Media Type: Scrapbooks
Source: Print and Picture Collection
Printed postcard with photograph of the colonial inn, known variously as the Old Jolly Post Inn and The Jolly Post Boy Tavern. Built c. 1680, it was owned from 1698 by John Worrell. The hostelry was an important staging place on the Frankford Road for coaches travelling between New York and Philadelpia.
Creation Year: ca. 1905
Call Number: A917.481 P536 v.11
Creator Name: Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler