Item No: pdcc01204
Title: Rose Tree Inn - Delaware County
Print and Picture Collection
Halftone reproduction of a photograph of The Rose Tree Inn, Delaware County. In November, 1739, a license was granted to David Calvert, who gave the inn its name from a huge rose bush that grew beside its walls. From 1770 until 1802 the house was known "The Three Tuns," and then as the "Red Lion." It returned to its original name in 1805. During the 1860s the inn became affiliated with the new Rose Tree Hunt Club.
Clipped from an unidentified newspaper.
A917.481 P536 v.11
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler