Item No: pdcc01098
Title: State House Inn
Print and Picture Collection
Engraving depicts the State House Inn, which was located on the north side of Chestnut Street between 5th and 6th Streets opposite the State House. The small two-story tavern was built in 1693, and for a long time provided an amenity for those visiting the colonial Assemblies.
Published in J. F. Watson's Annals of Philadelphia and Pennsylvania, 1879.
A917.481 P536 v.11
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler