Item No: pdcc00408
Title: Moore Hall, below Phoenixville, Pa.
Print and Picture Collection
Watercolor painting of Moore Hall, built in 1750 by Judge William Moore, a prominent Chester County Loyalist and a member of the Provincial Assembly. The house served as headquarters for Colonel Clement Biddle of the Continental Army during the encampment at Valley Forge in 1778. It has been extensively renovated and a single-story addition was added early in the twentieth century.
A917.481 P536 v.5
Wilkinson, Thomas Harrison, 1847-1929 - Artist
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler