Item No: pdcc00434
Title: "Whitehall". Henry Pratt. 1820. Destroyed 1887.
Additional Title: On P. R. R. near Frankford.
Print and Picture Collection
View of a two-and-a-half story white frame house, with a two-story porch supported by four huge wooden columns. The mansion, named "Whitehall", was built in 1820 by Henry Pratt on land northwest of the P.R.R. below Wakeling Street, near Frankford. A successful merchant trader, Henry Pratt also built Lemon Hill Mansion in Fairmount Park. Whitehall remained in the Pratt family until 1853. It was eventually destroyed in 1887.
A917.481 P536 v.5
Pratt, Henry, 1761-1838
Castner, Samuel, Jr., 1843-1929 - Compiler